This July (06), Luong and Lisa Ho will be traveling to Ireland/ Northern Ireland to volunteer at Corrymeela (a Christian Reconciliation center in Ballycastle, Northern Ireland). Please check out updates of our experiences and journeys.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tea Time

Good morning... It's tea time here. Something I so enjoy, but still am not used to. We just break for a bit at 10:30 for tea, but really it's a social time. I've just gotten into the grove of working, then we break :-)... ah, the Irish.

My favorite time here thus far has to be worship. They meet twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. It's really more like a devotion/ meditation. Simple liturgy with quiet prayers and reflection. Sometimes we sing, and it sounds amazing. I love it.

As you may expect the weather has been chilly. But the staff said it has been very mild here recently. We're hoping for a nice day to walk to town on Thursday (during our time off). Luong is running everyday- crazy kid. His group arrived late last night and they are just meeting them for the first time this morning. On Wednesday, they will be traveling to Belfast for the July 12th parades. I honestly have to admit- I'm so jealous. The parades are an major part of the culture in the north. Nonetheless, it is amazing that Luong will get to witness them firsthand. I'm so excited for him.

Time has come to return to "work". Honestly, the work schedule this week is fairly light. I'm thankful for the time to adjust!

God Bless,
Lisa

1 Comments:

Blogger Marian said...

I LOVE TEA TIME! I am so looking forward to tea time...you have no idea. Can't wait to see those views myself!

9:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home