This July (06), Luong and Lisa Ho will be traveling to Ireland/ Northern Ireland to volunteer at Corrymeela (a Christian Reconciliation center in Ballycastle, Northern Ireland). Please check out updates of our experiences and journeys.

Monday, July 03, 2006

We're on the verge of a miracle...

(The Antrim Coast near Ballycastle)
It's Monday, and we leave on Thursday. Can it be true? Tyler and I were talking just yesterday reflecting on the decisions and visions that led us to this place (he is also leaving on Thursday to volunteer for a month at a Young Life camp in New York). I have forgotten the exact moment when we thought "Gee, going to Northern Ireland for a month seems like a great idea!". Don't get me wrong, I still think it's amazing, but reality is setting in. We have no idea what we're getting ourselves into.

Last night Luong was sharing his selfish dream of sitting in a place by himself for three months... just him, a ton of Chinese food, a golf course, and all the Orange County Choppers he can stand to watch! Did I mention he's an introvert? I felt so guilty... Because I realized, I am living out my selfish dream by going on this journey. I guess next summer I owe him some space :-).

When I face the realities that this journey holds, I keep repeating this prayer over and over again. "God prepare us; protect us; provide for us. And may we be a blessing to each other and everyone we meet. Amen." Please pray that prayer with us, every day if you can!

We leave Columbus on Thursday night around 7:00. We have a quick flight to Toronto, then the jump across the pond directly to Dublin. We will arrive there early Friday morning, catch a bus to Belfast and meet up with a ride to Corrymeela Friday evening. We should be there around 3 PM EST on Friday. We'll post when we get a chance. Hopefully this weekend.

We will have WIRELESS at the center and my dad is lending us his laptop, so feel free to email and we should be able to get back to you all fairly quickly.

God bless and have a great holiday!
Lisa and Luong

4 Comments:

Blogger phil & allie mollenkof said...

Lisa, good to hear how things are going. You guys are going to have such an amazing experience and I look forward to hearing about it! We are praying for you...
phil and allie

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Marian said...

OHMIGOSH YOU'RE LEAVING FOR IRELAND! Hearing about you guys getting ready makes me even more excited and nervous! I'm sure you are crazy busy, but let me know if you're free Wednesday night. Ireland party at Vaquero's! If I don't see you then, see you in Ireland!

9:21 AM

 
Blogger tracey said...

Lisa and Luong:

I am so jealous.. in a good way.. :) I want to go next year!! Have an awesome time.. I will pray for you!
Tracey Ward

6:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am definitely keeping y'all in my prayers Lisa! nothern ireland should prove to be most amazing, especially this time of the year. but as we all know you're not going for recreation (....even though you'll be simaltaneously living out two of what I know to be life long dreams). So may the God in heaven who created this miraculous green earth shine down love, grace, and many amazing opportunities upon you! ........... feels like i've said that before........ weird

10:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home